The reputation of any college depends on the placement opportunities that it offers to its students. Therefore students must ensure that college has good relationships with industries. Today we will provide you all the information and tips on how to prepare for campus placement.
First of all, what is a campus placement?
Campus placement means you have not completed your degree and companies
visit your campus to offer you jobs. On the other hand in off campus placement you have your degree in hand and you go to the company for the job.
Companies start visiting the campus in the final year of candidate (7th or 8th Semester in B.tech and 5th or 6th Sem in MCA). Campus placement is one of the easiest jobs to get. Let’s say a mass-hire company is visiting your campus and on an average it is hiring 100 people out of 500 candidates (total strength of final year) then you can see that competition is very less, on the other hand in off campus placement out of 1000-2000 people only 50-100 are finally selected by the company thus a very tough completion.
Therefore campus placement is very easy to get and you should take it seriously otherwise it would be very tough for you to get an off campus placement. Even if you prepare for 2 months seriously you can get campus placement easily.
Here is the procedure for campus placement
1. Company visit to your campus: when company visits your college they present their company business to you in the form of power point presentation. In that PPT they mention about company business, what company does, how it does, offices locations and all necessary information about company.
Then they present the selection procedure in their company. For example selection procedure may contain:
1. Written test
2. Technical test
3. Personal interview
2. Written test: written test comprise of aptitude (quant and logical reasoning test) and/or technical test such as test on C, C++, Java etc. this test is objective type test in nature.
3. Technical test (optional): this test is optional, it means it depend on companies. Many companies take technical test. In this test generally subjective type problems are given to candidates such as programs on C, C++, Java.
4. Personal Interview: interview is of two types HR and technical.
In HR interview candidate personality, his/her communication skill, body language is judged.
On the other hand in technical interview candidate’s technical knowledge is checked.
5. After interview result is declared and candidates successful in interview get offer letter from the company.
So this was all about selection process in company. Now here are simple tips to crack campus placement exams:
Tip no. 1 for aptitude start preparing from R.S Aggarwal. There are three books of rs aggarwal:
1. Objective English
2. Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
These are the best books to clear your basics. Almost all the questions come from these books. Therefore it is important to study these books for at least two months. There is no need to cover all the questions from these books I would suggest you to cover the last 20-25 questions in the end of every exercise. If Infosys is visiting your campus there is no need to prepare for technical because they are not going to ask questions from technical part.
Tip no. 2 for technical written start preparing from standard books that you have studied in your syllabus. Yashavant Kanetkar’s books are very helpful for clearing technical section. Revise your basic programming from your books.
Tip no. 3 for interview: for technical interview they are going to ask simple basic questions of your core subjects, so revise your basic concept about core subjects such as C, C++, Java, OS, DBMS. Sometime interviewer asks subjects of your own choice, so prepare at least two subjects in depth. If you have strong basics then you can easily crack the technical interview.
Tip no. 4 HR interview: in HR section they are going to ask simple questions such as introduce yourself, your hobbies, your goals, your achievements. There is one suggestion from my side, to be confident in HR interview. If you are nervous then you are not going to crack HR interview. Don’t be fake in interview room and you should have complete knowledge of what you write in your resume.
So these were some of simple tips from my side and if you strictly follow them you can easily get campus placement. If you have any question regarding campus placement you can comment below, I will definitely answer your query.
Like our facebook page to get job updates of IT job updates.